The Watts Hospital-Hillandale Neighborhood Association organizes and sponsors the following events every year:
- Recent History
- 4th of July Parade - The oldest 4th of July Parade in Durham started in the neighborhood in the 1950s and continues to this day.
- FestOval / First Thursday Picnic - Mingle with your neighbors and listen to live music at the annual pot luck at Oval Park.
- Annual Meeting - The 2017 Annual Meeting was held Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 7pm in the Fellowship Room at the Mosaic Church.
- Halloween - Annual trick-or-treating on Club Blvd. Monday, October, 31.
- ArtWalk 2017 - Neighborhood artists and friends host their artwork in their homes on Sunday, November 12th, 2017 from 12-5.
- Night of Lights - Stop by Oval Park to buy your luminaries and light up the neighborhood on Sunday evening, December 17, 2017. Buy lights on December 16 or 17th at Oval Park.