The Watts Hospital-Hillandale Neighborhood Association organizes and sponsors the following events every year:
- 4th of July Parade - The oldest 4th of July Parade in Durham started in the neighborhood in the 1950s and continues to this day.
- FestOval / First Thursday Picnic - Mingle with your neighbors and listen to live music at the annual pot luck at Oval Park.
- Annual Meeting - Annual Meeting is this Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 7pm at the NC School of Science and Math (exact location to be announced).
- Halloween - Annual trick-or-treating on Club Blvd. Monday, October, 31.
- Artwalk - Neighborhood artists and friends host their artwork in their homes on Sunday, November 4th, 2012.
- Night of Lights - Stop by Oval Park to buy your luminaries and light up the neighborhood on Sunday evening, December 16, 2012. Buy lights on December 15 or 16th at Oval Park.